1. Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information.
- Collection of personal information only extends to information needed to be collected in order to remove an Applicant’s criminal record, or for an application for advanced permission to enter the USA.
- Disclosure of the personal information is only made to government bodies and or agencies which are required to collect or remove the criminal record, or in making an application for advanced permission to enter the USA (or on occasion to an individual or body designated by an Applicant, such as Immigration Canada or an Employer).
2. Information We Collect:
Information collected is necessary for the removal of an Applicant’s criminal record or for an Applicant’s application for advance permission to enter the USA, and may include: name, address, telephone number, date of birth, place of birth, immigration status, fingerprints, court records, local police, OPP, RCMP, and FBI records, driver’s license number, employer information, and so on.
An Applicant consents to Dominion Pardons and Waivers collection, use and disclosure of their personal information is critical. Dominion Pardons and Waivers rely on the following actions by an Applicant as indications of their consent to our existing and future personal information practices.
- An Applicant’s voluntary provision of personal information to us directly.
- An Applicant’s express consent and acknowledgement contained within our written authorization agreements and application forms.
- An Applicant’s express written consent to have her/his certified RCMP criminal record report and fingerprints forwarded to us from the RCMP.
- An Applicant’s verbal and or written consent for any further information needed to remove their criminal record or for an application for advanced permission to enter the USA.
4. Limiting Collection and Retention of Personal Information:
- Personal Information collected is not used for any purpose other than that for which it was collected.
- Once the purpose for which the personal information was collected is achieved, an Applicant’s hard copy and electronic files are destroyed.
- Dominion Pardons and Waivers have in place physical, electronic and procedural safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information we maintain regarding individual Applicants. Dominion Pardons and Waivers systems forbid the transfer or disclosure of any personal information other than what is needed to accomplish the results for which the information was collected.
- Personal information held electronically is held on computers that are only connected internally and are safe guarded with appropriate fire walls.
6. Accuracy, Accountability, Openness and Applicant Access:
7. Provide Recourse:
If an Applicant has a privacy issue complaint; she or he may telephone us at 1-(888)-890-1321 or write to us at 1060 Sheppard Ave West, commercial Suite 107,Toronto, Ontario, Canada M3J 0G7. We will take all appropriate measures to rectify any privacy issue problem on a case by case basis, should the occasion ever arise.
Dominion Pardons and Waivers is a registered trade name of 1667870 Ontario Limited