04 Jul Dominion Pardons and waivers is a cut above the rest
If you Google ‘pardons and waivers’ you’ll get a lot of hits for companies that promise to get you a pardon or waiver fast. Despite how authoritative these companies sound (many even sound like government agencies!) it’s important to do your research before submitting hefty fees and entrusting your future to a company you find on the internet.
Here’s why Dominion Pardons and Waivers is really a cut above the rest when it comes to helping Canadians shed the stigma of a criminal record and get their lives back.
- We tell it like it is. We’re not going to mince words with you about how important it is to get a record suspension (pardon) or US entry waiver, or the obstacles to getting one. In recent years, the government has taken a very tough stance on crime and made it more difficult and expensive for Canadians with a criminal record to obtain legal forms of forgiveness such as pardons and travel waivers. Despite the increased hassle, pardons and waivers are being issued all the time, and we know how to help you surmount the barriers to getting them.
- We give solid, honest advice about Canadian Pardons (record suspensions). Time was, you could tell a prospective employer that you had no criminal record and they would just take your word for it. At Dominion Pardons and Waivers, we give you the straight goods on which professions and employers are likely to actually carry out a check and what your chances are of obtaining specific types of employment with the record that you have. We have obtained pardons and waivers for hundreds of clients in the past 10 years and counselled many more, so we know what Canadians are dealing with on a daily basis when it comes to the stigma and challenges that can come with having an unpardoned criminal record.
- We give solid, honest advice about US Entry Waivers. The truth is that, when dealing with Customs and Border Patrol, honesty is not always the best policy. If this sounds sacrilegious, consider that even if you were never charged, let alone convicted, of an offense, you could still be denied entry to the United States if you admit to an offense. People call us all the time to ask, “I smoked pot but I have no criminal record, do I have to admit this at the border?” We could say yes, and watch these same people call us back in a couple of weeks asking for a US Entry Waiver. Instead, we tell the truth: you should not admit to consuming marijuana or any other illicit substance if there is absolutely no record of it anywhere. The border guards are not kidding around; there is no spirt of ‘Hey we’ve all smoked a joint or two, what’s the big deal?’ The big deal is you will be sent home and deemed inadmissible. Don’t offer information at the border!
- We’re super knowledgeable about gray areas. While others may leave you hung up on a technicality, we won’t. We know that there are certain loopholes that allow CPB to access the CPIC database and find your name even if your charges are merely pending, or if your absolute discharge has not been purged from your record. You can count on us to tell you the truth of whether you need a waiver or not, of whether your crime constitutes ‘moral turpitude’ or not, and whether your travelling companions could be subject to risks if you don’t get a waiver.
- We exercise extreme caution when determining your eligibility. We won’t take your application fee until we are more than 95% certain that you do qualify for a pardon or a waiver and that you will receive a favourable outcome. If you aren’t eligible because of the nature of your record, or if certain conditions need to be met first, we’ll let you know upfront, and advise you on all your possible options.
It’s quite simple…at Dominion Pardons and Waivers, we care about you and your future! Stop living with stigma and call us today.